Thursday, August 6, 2020

Artists Created Landscapes Scenery Arts Using Wool Painting


Artists Created Landscapes Scenery Arts Using Wool Painting 

I often get told that my pictures are so lifelike that they think it’s a photo. That is the response that I hope for. In doing what I do, I hope to convince the observer that using wool instead of paint is a genuine art form and a wonderful medium to use, and not just a craft.

I have been creating felt landscapes using various types of wool for 4 years now. The pictures are made by wet and needle felting the wool fibers together using soap, water, and lots of agitation. I love being out in nature and I often use where I live in Scotland as inspiration for my creations.

I enjoy using various types of wool to show the different textures in the landscape. My favorite wools are Merino, Teeswater, Finnish, and Corriedale wools. I sometimes use natural wool fibers, but more often use dyed wool. I like to think of all the colors of wool the same as any artist would use a paint pallet. Wool is such a versatile medium and one I hope to continue using for many years to come! 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment