Friday, October 9, 2020

Face Masks Design By Matthias Kretschmer | Stylish Face Mask

Face Masks Design By Matthias Kretschmer | Stylish Face Mask | Artist Creates A Quirky Face Mask Every Day During Lockdown | Artist Crafts A Creative Face Mask Every Day Of Self-Isolation, Here Are The Coolest He Has Created So Far | Artist Keeps Himself And Others Entertained By Creating Unconventional Face Masks 

Face Mask For artist Matthias Kretschmer, every day brings new ideas and inspiration. Every day for the past six weeks, Kretschmer has created face masks inspired by pop culture and current events related to the coronavirus pandemic. Kretschmer started the hobby to keep himself busy during the lockdown, and now he hopes his artwork is bringing a smile to other people's faces.

Kretschmer spoke with Insider about his unique hobby and where he finds inspiration. Kretschmer worked for years in the newspaper industry, but found that he was burnt out, frustrated, and rarely seeing his children. He decided to become an artist in 2013, going to trade shows and holding exhibitions across Europe. "I wouldn't say I'm famous, but it's enough to live from it," Kretschmer told Insider.

When Austria ordered a lockdown in early March, most of Kretschmer's events and commissions were canceled. He's spent the time at home caring for his two sons, but he needed an outlet for his imagination. "It was quite a spontaneous thing. I couldn't sleep," he said. "I had too many thoughts in my mind. I just had the idea to make a funny mask and put it on Facebook for some of my friends."

Kretschmer estimated that he has, at the time of interview, created around 42 masks. When he finishes a mask, he'll post it on social media for others to see. "I just needed something to paint, to be active, to be creative, to be productive, not to go nuts," he said. Kretschmer said he was inspired by the movies that he used to watch as a teenager.

"You got Rocky Balboa. You got horror movies in it," he said. "Some of the masks are movie characters I like or remember." European countries were supposed to have a celebration that marked the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II, but it was canceled due to the pandemic. Kretschmer decided to create a mask to mark the occasion.

"Some of the masks are a reaction of my thoughts of current happenings in politics and this coronavirus thing," he said. "Shame on me I only made one female mask so far and it was Frida. I wouldn't say she's an ideal for me as an artist, but she was unique," Kretschmer said. "She made a brand out of herself."

To celebrate Easter during the lockdown, Kretschmer created a mask of an Easter Bunny to share with his friends. To create their famous beards, it took Kretschmer two nights. "I had to make the beard. I had to color it. I had to let it dry," he said. "Then I still had to comb it." To create the full image of the band, Kretschmer Photoshopped two versions of himself together.

One of Kretschmer's artistic pursuits is three dimensional collages that he creates out of items like forks, spoons, and ammunition. Kretschmer included elements of his work in one of his masks, creating a layer of spoons in a semi-circle. "If it gives them a smile once a day then I guess I did quite good work and that's quite motivating," he said.
























No comments:

Post a Comment